Thursday, June 7, 2012

Best day of my life.... so far :)

At about 17 weeks, Kyle left on a 6 month deployment to Kuwait.  We planned on getting pregnant before he left and we knew all along that there stood a pretty good chance that he wouldn't be home for the birth.  As bad as I wanted to be a mom, that was something I was willing to chance.  I knew the whole time that having a baby with out him would be one of the hardest things that I've ever done.  But I also knew that I am strong enough to get through that and I have awesome support from friends and family to help me.  That doesn't change the fact that I wanted him here more than anything in the world.  In the beginning, we thought there was no chance of him coming home.  He put in for leave anyway just in case.  He told me that he would only have about 24-48 hours notice on his leave being approved.  This week I found out about two different guys being sent home from Kuwait.  I figured that if his leave had been approved, he would have been on one of those flights.  Little did I know, my husband is the best secret keeper alive.  For the past 3 weeks, he and most of our Coast Guard friends have been keeping the most amazing secret ever!  Kyle was coming home! 

On Monday night I was a little annoyed that Kyle "forgot to call me"...or so I thought.  Turns out, he was on a plane.  I had no idea that he was coming home until about 8:30 am.  I got a text message from his phone which made me curious as to why his phone was reactivated. Even then, I didn't put too much faith into it.  I called him back and didn't reach him.  I figured maybe the deactivation period on his phone had expired or something.   It had started to rain so my plans of getting the car washed got ruined.  Good thing too because about 10:30 am the dog started barking at the door.  Come to find out, Kyle was standing on the front porch!!!  I immediately started crying and gave him the biggest hug of my life!  I am pretty sure he followed that up with something along the lines of "wow that thing looks bigger in person"  Totally Kyle... Love him! 

I knew that I would be okay having this baby with out Kyle here.  We had a plan in place for how he would see the baby and where we would stay to get the most help.  Now we just altered the plans.  I feel great about having this baby and I feel like everything is exactly the way it should be now.  My family is in one piece <3

No comments:

Post a Comment