Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pregnancy is just sooooo beautiful!

"Pregnancy is beautiful."  I probably get that from 4 out of 5 people that talk about pregnancy/babies/my ever growing belly/etc. Pregnancy is beautiful ....YEAH RIGHT! 

****Disclaimer*****  If are not pregnant and plan to get pregnant anytime, please understand that pregnancy is different for all people and do not let my rant deter you from being excited about pregnancy.  I am SUPER excited about the end result!!  However...

It is no real secret that I am not a huge fan of being pregnant.  I don't hate it.  There have been very few MISERABLE days through out this entire pregnancy.  I just don't love it, nor will you ever catch me saying "Pregnancy is beautiful."  I'm sure that many of you will disagree.  A million of you will tell me "You will forget all about these things once the baby is here."  Well I think that is a bunch of craziness!  I will love the hell out of my baby and I will be so excited to he is here.  I can see forgetting all the pain that I went through to deliver him (I think that is because much of that time is drug induced forgetfulness) and I will no doubt want another child regardless of what I go through during this pregnancy. Forget about 9 months of crazy things happening to my body, lack of sleep and the endless list of unpredictable pregnancy symptoms....doubtful. 

Despite the fact that I am not a lover of pregnancy, I do believe in seeing the positive side to every situation.  So here is my running list of positives when it comes to pregnancy....
  • Good hair
  • Finger nails that grow faster than the weeds on my back porch
  • Really great afternoon naps
  • Although most of the time I am pretty independent, if I don't feel like lifting, carrying or moving something, there is always someone else to do it.
  • Washing baby clothes is a new favorite hobby
  • Strapless bras no longer slide down because my belly keeps them from sliding anywhere.
  • Since I am going to have to worry about losing weight later anyway, I've made the decision to literally eat whatever I want (with in moderation) and worry about the weight loss later.  The "Whatever you want" diet has made for a much happier pregnancy and surprisingly so far hasn't been too terrible on the weight gain.
  • Not caring for a second as the bathroom scale increases at an unusual rate.
  • It was previously impossible to have blood work done but while pregnant I seem to have the best veins on the planet!
  • No crohn's disease symptoms woo hoo!
  • Sitting in the rocking chair in the nursery day dreaming about my little boy while he does kick flips in my belly.
  • People always give you shotgun when you are pregnant. 
  • Ultrasounds of my boy

I think that's it for now.  When you make a list of the positives, it always makes the negatives look like no big deal.  I am working on staying positive. It will be a lot easier in 60 days when I have that little boy in my hands! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment